Interested in nominating for a district role?
Should you be interested in nominating for any of the District leadership roles, it is a requirement to complete the paperwork, meet the eligibility criteria, and send your nomination to the DLC Chair Sue Pederick: before the 8th May. This will allow time for an interview by members of the DLC prior to the council meeting, when you can stand from the floor. A member cannot stand from the floor if they have not been interviewed by the DLC.
District Leadership Committee Chair Report
I would like to acknowledge and thank the members of the District Leadership committee (DLC)– Kevin Broughton, Matt Welch, Tracy Green, Mirella James, Jacqueline Bignell, Julie Wacker, Marlene Sinclair, Judith Talanoa, Udo Moerig. Thank you for your dedication to toastmasters and insight into selecting the best candidates for D73 to run for election at the District Council meeting on the 15th May 2021.
We published the opening for nominations for the District Leadership roles in many D73 newsletters, email communications to all members and placed on the D73 web site with the nomination closing date extended to the 28th March 2021.
The DLC received nominations for the following roles, note some have multiple endorsed candidates:
- District Director – Karl Hughes
- Program Quality Director – Namrita Anchan, Dani Streets
- Club Growth Director – Dani Streets, Gamini Balasooriya
- Bass Division Director – Jessica Kostoff
- Central Division Director – Nic Szuster
- Eastern Division Director- Nil by closing date
- Inner City Division Director- Heath Gilham, Namrita Anchan
- Metro Division Director – Jan Hutton
- Northern Division Director- Nil by closing date
- Ranges Division Director – Shishir Ray
- Southern Division Director- Amit Merwar
We have received further nominations for Division director roles after the closing date which will be announced at the District council meeting in May as floor candidates only. If you are interested in a District role, please make contact with me, Sue Pederick: prior to the 8th May. To be able to stand from the floor at the District council meeting, it is a requirement to have previously meet with the DLC at least a week prior to the council meeting for an interview and to ensure all the candidates paperwork has been completed and in order. Please contact me if you are an interested candidate so paperwork can be provided for the application. A member cannot stand from the floor if they have not been interviewed by the DLC.