We can all play a part in making sure our clubs are the best they can be. We want to make sure the club environment is friendly and results-driven to provide a great member and guest experience. Here are some things you can do to help your club be the best:
- Make sure you attend meetings regularly. You are an important part of your club. When you are not there, you are missed.
- Be part of the Beat-the-Clock Toastmasters membership drive that is taking place during May – June 2020. If you get into a conversation with someone on the tram, train, or taking a break at work, why not talk about Toastmasters and see if you can get them to visit a club.
- Conduct a Moments of Truth exercise with your club. This will help identify what the club is doing well and where some improvement may be needed. The handout is easily accessible at the TMI site (under Resources tab).
- If you are a club officer, make sure you register and attend Club Officer Training. You will learn how to make your club a quality club. You can find more information on how to create a quality club at page.
- Work with your Club Executive and Area Director. They are there to help your club reach its full potential. Discuss with your Club Executive Team what you can do to help in the club.
Remember being part of a quality club means that many people benefit – Toastmasters International, the district, your club, and most importantly, the members of your club, and of course, you!
Karl Hughes, DTM
Club Growth Director